Keep current with perioperative medication safety. This tool kit provides a variety of evidence-based resources for the perioperative RN and other interested health care professionals related to medication safety.
AORN Position Statements
Related AORN Links
Related External Links
- Drug Information: Express Scripts®
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- ISMP List of High-Alert Medications in the Acute Care Settings
- ISMP releases medication safety self-assessment tool
- ISMP: 2018-2019 Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for Hospitals
- Lipid Rescue™ Resuscitation
- Medication Errors
- NIOSH Updates List of Drugs that Pose a Risk to Workers in Healthcare Settings
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: Hazardous Drugs
- Prescriber’s Digital Reference
- Preventing Occupational Exposure to Antineoplastic and Other Hazardous Drugs in Health Care Settings. NIOSH. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Summary of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act 42 U.S.C. §6901 et seq. (1976). Laws and regulations. United States Environmental Protection Agency
- The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- US Environmental Protection Agency: Management of Pharmaceutical Hazardous Waste
Content Reuse Policy
Users are not permitted to use this content for commercial purposes. Users are permitted to copy and paste content and adapt it for use in their work settings. Permission for other uses may be sought directly from AORN, Inc., located in Denver, Colorado (USA), by contacting the Publications Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax (303) 750-3441.
Copyright ©2019 AORN, Inc. All rights reserved. Except as noted herein, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from AORN, Inc.
No responsibility is assumed by AORN, Inc. for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any standards, recommended practices, methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the health care sciences in particular, independent verification of diagnoses, medication dosages, and individualized care and treatment should be made. The material contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional medical or nursing judgment The content in this publication is provided on an as is basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AORN, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.