How to Develop a High-Performance Team
Join us this fall for an engaging, one-day seminar where OR leaders, business managers and directors from PACU, HR, and SPD gain insights and the skill set needed to thrive in the unique perioperative setting and inspire high-performing teams to deliver quality care.
Win the C-Suite & Influence the Value Analysis Committee
Convincing your executives to approve new equipment, new services, or additional staff to grow or support surgical service lines is increasingly difficult as you compete for scarce dollars. You’ll cover the key components of making a compelling business case to secure what your perioperative teams need to help keep patients safe.
Create a High-Performing Team
The next portion of the day is devoted to one of the most difficult parts of your job – managing people. Learn coaching skills to manage staff performance. Then, dive into staffing, productivity and other useful models for developing high-performing teams.
Discussion Areas & Take-Away Tools
- Use evidence-based clinical justification to build successful business cases.
- Identify your C-Suite’s influence styles and how to avoid common traps.
- Review new predictive hiring, productivity and recruitment/retention models.
- Identify conflict management strategies and address incivility and bullying.
- Examine behavioral models for insights to your staff.
- Review emotional intelligence methodologies to improve team dynamics.
Contact Hours: Opportunity to Earn 5 CHs
Where will you attend?
|Cincinnati, OH||September 26||Register|
|San Diego, CA||October 3||Register|
|Wayne, NJ||October 10||Register|
|Pittsburgh, PA||October 15||Register|
|Cambridge, MA||October 17||Register|
|Chicago, IL||October 22||Register|
|Atlanta, GA||October 24||Register|
|Dallas, TX||November 5||Register|
|Palo Alto, CA||November 7||Register|
|Nashville, TN||November 19||Register|
Interested in attending for FREE? Registration to the Nurse Leadership Seminar is included with AORN Leader Membership.
Judy Pins, RN, MBA
President, Pfiedler Education
Hear Judy on the Top 3 Challenges for Leaders
AORN would like to thank our 2019 sponsors.