Ready-to-Use, Evidence-Based In-Service Library
In-service staff education and training to reinforce knowledge, address quality issues, and meet regulatory requirements is a significant investment for outpatient facilities and ambulatory surgery centers, taking valuable hours of preparation and research every year by educators and administrators.
In-Service of the Month is a robust source of content, continually updated to reflect the Guidelines for Perioperative Practice - saving you time and money.
Streamline Training Content, Build Staff Confidence
The In-Service of the Month lets ASCs and inpatient and outpatient departments:
- Access a variety of relevant topics (modules) 24/7 based on the Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
- Choose from interactive tools in every module, including case studies, educational games, quick views, podcasts, articles, and PowerPoint slides
- Customize perioperative education content to fit your facility’s needs
- Standardize perioperative education with a trusted, high-quality resource
CONTACT HOURS: In-service modules are 4 CH each. Up to 10 learners may earn contact hours before additional fees apply. The learner must have attended the in-service presentation and then purchase and complete the course evaluation within 30 days of purchase.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
The in-service library supports:
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Office-Based Surgery
- Outpatient Surgery Facilities
- Nurses and Perioperative Team Members
In-Service of the Month Library Topics
The in-service library will be updated on a continuing basis.
Current modules include:
- Environmental Cleaning
- Flexible Endoscopes
- Manual Chemical High-Level Disinfection
- Medication Safety
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Moderate Sedation
- Radiation Safety
- Retained Surgical Items
- Skin Antisepsis
- Smoke Evacuation
- Transmission-Based Precautions
- Team Communication
- Venous Thromboembolism
Evidence suggests the use of multiple, interactive techniques is a more effective learning approach.